Employers need to achieve high quality talent to remain competitive. A key consideration when recruiting employees is how to remunerate employees.
PKF O’ Connor, Leddy & Holmes can help by providing a full range of expertise, covering employment tax, reward planning, and expatriate tax.
We work with an integrated approach, combining our expertise and working closely with you to develop strategic solutions. We strive to find solutions that are commercially sound, whilst ensuring key talent is retained and incentivised.
Our multidisciplinary team specialise in the following areas;
- Employment tax advice
- International employment taxes
- Employee benefits and incentives
- Share based rewards
PKF O’ Connor, Leddy & Holmes provides a comprehensive range of advisory and consulting services tailored to meet the two principal objectives of employers:
- Identifying potential savings from the costs of employment whilst motivating staff
- Managing risk in this area effectively
We offer expertise in the following areas:
- Design and implementation of tax effective remuneration policies
- Advice regarding the tax and policy issues arising in relation to termination payments
- PAYE/PRSI health checks
- Revenue intervention assistance
International Employment Taxes
In today’s globalised economy mobile employees have become commonplace. With this comes a wide range of complex tax and social security issues. Through the PKF international network we can offer an all-encompassing approach towards international employment taxes. We can offer expert advice in the following areas:
- Minimisation of the tax and social security implications of an international assignment
- Evaluation of the structure of the benefits package to examine whether it is being delivered tax effectively
- Tax equalisation policy advice
- Calculation of employer and employee social security liabilities and preparation of tax returns
- Guidance on withholding issues
Share Based Reward Schemes
Share based reward schemes can be of valuable assistance to an employer. Such plans can provide tax efficient remuneration for employees and ensure to also incentivise employees in line with the business.
PKF O’ Connor, Leddy & Holmes can advise on the following employee share schemes:
- Unapproved share option schemes
- Flowering share schemes
- Restricted stock units
- Clog schemes
Our experienced team can help you design the most appropriate plan for your business objectives and ensure that it is implemented to help maximise its value. We can also help in the day-to-day running of the scheme and advise you on other issues such as the complicated rules for disclosing share arrangements in your company’s financial statements. We can also provide all company secretarial requirements in respect of share schemes.