Corporate Tax Compliance
In recent years managing corporate tax compliance matters has become increasingly complex. However, the preparation and submission of compliance returns should not take members of senior management away from running their business. PKF O’ Connor, Leddy & Holmes offer a focused corporate tax compliance service. We provide timely Corporation Tax computations and submissions which allow clients to manage tax payments and minimise corporate tax liabilities.
As part of our compliance service we offer advice in the following areas:
- Capital allowances
- Intellectual property
- Revenue audit assistance
- Base erosion & profit shifting
Whatever the size of the company, our team of senior tax specialists guarantee a prompt, personal service that will help you solve tax issues fast, delivering accurate, authoritative advice and guidance on all tax-related matters.
M & A Service:
Businesses contemplating acquisitions, disposals or a reorganisation need advice that is timely, proactive, innovative, commercial and efficient. We provide an integrated M&A service which is aligned with your business strategy. The aim of our service is to minimise acquisitions taxes, minimise taxes on profits arising during the lifetime of the investment and minimise exit taxes.
We offer an in-depth tax due diligence service which focuses on identifying material exposure and advising on how risks identified can be addressed in order to ensure transaction success.
We work closely with our corporate finance specialists to provide an integrated advisory team before and during the transaction process.
Research & Development Tax Credit
The Research & Development (“R&D”) tax credit offers companies a 25% tax credit for qualifying R&D tax credits. We have extensive experience in the preparation and submission of R&D claims, together with supporting audit ready R&D reports.
The R&D tax credit is available to all companies carrying out qualifying activities. We have found that opportunities to claim the R&D tax credit are often missed as a result of companies’ failure to identify qualifying activities. Examples of qualifying activities include:
- Developing a new product or process
- Proving an existing product or process
- Evaluating new techniques to improve productivity
- Assessing manufacturing modifications
- Researching raw material substitution
- Considering alternative options to meet the specific product cost targets
- Research increased performance requirements for existing products
- Developing alternative product packaging
- Equipment design changes
- Product line extension
Our R&D team specialise in:
- Identifying qualifying R&D activities
- Calculation of qualifying R&D expenditure
- Submission of R&D claims
- Preparing documentation to support R&D claims
- R&D Revenue audit support
Transfer pricing is the most challenging tax-related issue facing multinational businesses today. Transfer pricing affects all aspects of intra-group pricing arrangements between related business organisations.
We offer a multi-disciplinary approach which means that we provide practical and fully integrated tax, valuation and economic solutions alongside specific sector experience to meet your commercial and operational needs.
How we can help:
- Developing transfer pricing policies together with relevant documentation which align with your business model
- Ongoing review of transfer pricing policies to ensure they are fit for purpose
- Developing suitable advance pricing agreements
- Providing health checks to identify risk and opportunities in your transfer pricing policies
- Transfer pricing dispute resolution
If you require further information on transfer pricing issues, please contact Shane O’ Donovan.