We are a leading expert in the Nursing Home sector and have been advising nursing home owners for over 30 years. We have a dedicated nursing home team and have used these years of experience to develop a broad range of services, tailoring these services to add value to business owners.
All of the current projections around our ageing demographics inform us that Ireland faces significant pressure for new Nursing Home beds in the coming years. The number of new beds that are projected to be required from 2016 to 2021 varies from 6,000 – 8,000 beds. This creates opportunities for nursing home owners but it also could create occupancy rate problems if an over-supply of beds occurs.
The “Fair Deal” Scheme was launched by the HSE in 2009 and provides for arbitrary NTPF criteria in assessing nursing home payment rates. This has resulted in large disparities in rates between Dublin (Within M50 belt) and the rest of the country and does not take into account the actual cost of care.
We advise nursing home owners from right across Ireland and our clients view us as trusted advisers assisting them to meet the current and future challenges.
Specialist Nursing Home Services;
- NTPF Negotiations
- Acquisition of Nursing Homes
- Sale of Nursing Homes
- Setting up of Greenfield Nursing Homes
- Nursing Home Valuations
- Advice in regard to Nursing Home Extensions
- Raising of Bank and/or Equity Finance
- Advice on Business Strategy (including EIIS Relief)
- Debt Restructuring
- Benchmarking of your gross margin, wage costs, etc.
- Year-End statutory accounts preparation
- Audit of your statutory accounts
- Outsourcing of your Bookkeeping and Payroll
- Tax Advice/Planning – Personal and Corporate
For further information on how PKF can assist you, please contact our Director of Corporate Finance, Neal McGroarty – [email protected]